Well, this is my first time for actually doing a video tutorial, so hopefully, this will work ok! I appreciate I have done other blog posts with bookmarks but I thought the video would explain more clearly exactly how I went about making the bookmarks.
The first thing I had to do was select a kit from the store and I decided to use the “You Are My Sunshine” collection from Snickerdoodle Designs:
I love the sunflowers in this kit and the borders are absolutely perfect for making bookmarks.
In order to make the bookmarks, you will need the following additional items:
- Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or other software;
- Photographic paper for printing (the colours always show up better on photographic paper rather than plain card);
- Cardstock for the bookmark base;
- Glue or double sided tape;
- Scissors, craft knife or trimmer;
- Ribbon, string or bakers twine; and
- Ink pads if you want to grunge the outside of the printed images.
I created a new file in Photoshop, landscape A4 size and then added guidelines every 2″:
This enabled me to make six bookmarks. With hindsight, I should have put the guidelines at every 1¾” since when printed and cut out, the bookmarks were adhered to 2″ wide cardstock. This would have saved all the trimming I had to do but then that is why I have a craft knife and trimmer!
I added two layers of background paper to the file, one to fill the first three sections, and the other to fill the second three sections. Then I took each bookmark and added one on top of each section, printed the file then cut out each bookmark, trimmed them down to fit 2″ wide cardstock and adhered to the cardstock. I also used Stampin’ Up punches on one end of each bookmark as you can see in the video below:
And here is the finished set of bookmarks:
So, if you are like me and read a lot of books, why not give these a go and then you are sure to have a ready made supply of bookmarks for when you next pick up a book and you would also have the added benefit of having ready made gifts for friends and family !
Other Articles by Lynn:
- Simply Sunday - 2017 desktop calendar - January 1st, 2017
- Simply Sunday: basic album - September 4th, 2016
- Listen to the Music album - August 7th, 2016
- Fun in the sun album - June 28th, 2016
- Simply Sunday: Quick and easy gift box and cards - April 24th, 2016