Hi, everyone, Rebecca (ReboScraps) here with a quick and easy project for a 40th Birthday gift. I attended a 40th Birthday party last week and wanted to bring something for the birthday girl and hostess. I did some searching on Pinterest and found a fun idea to use the expression “40 Rocks!” with Pop Rocks candy. Idecided to put my creativity to work and create a “40 Rocks!” gift for my friend, using digital supplies and a glass jar.
- Samba! Samba! digital kit by the Digichick Designers. (You might also want to check out the coordinating Samba! Samba! Mini Kit!)
- Fonts: Birth of a Hero, Trocadero
- Double-sided tape
- Pop Rocks candy
- Curling ribbon
- Glass jar or other container. (I purchased a jar just for this project, but if you have a quart- or pint-size mason jar, that would be a great choice.)
First, I simply designed a round shape for the top and sides of the jar. I simply reduced the size of the lid design for the sides of the jar. The long strips you could either wrap all the way around the jar, or use pieces like I did. Here’s my jar full of candy and a snapshot of my printout:
I cut out my shapes and attached a strong double-sided tape to the back, and affixed the pieces to the jar. When I’m doing a project like this on glass, I use a LOT of tape, and make sure all the edges of the pieces are covered with tape so it attaches securely. If you want something like this to last an extra long time, you could consider laminating your jar labels.
Here’s the finished look, from the top and also from the side:
For layering, I added a circle of plain white paper to give the “40 Rocks” circle more definition:
I had extra printed pieces, so I used those to create a matching birthday card:
I think it is so fun to use my digi supplies to create personalized items like this, so it is one of my favorite kind of projects. You can create one too, if you want, using this free printable! Click on the image below to download your free printable!
Other Articles by ReboScraps:
- One Little Word Banner - May 22nd, 2013
- Travel Journal - February 19th, 2013
- Paper Roses Ornament - January 23rd, 2013
- Candle Wrappers - December 13th, 2012
- Holiday Place Cards and Napkin Rings - November 16th, 2012