I have a tween boy and it is getting more and more difficult to make him Valentines that he doesn’t think are too sweet and sappy. This project has a more masculine color scheme and what boy doesn’t like rockets and candy?
- ROCKET BOX HYBRID TEMPLATE by GIRL BOY GIRL DESIGNS
- GEOMETRIC BOY by SHERWOOD STUDIO
- BLACK CARD STOCK, WHITE CARD STOCK, PRINTER
- ADHESIVE, SMALL CHOCOLATE CANDIES, LOLIPOPS
Paper from the GEOMETRIC BOY Kit was used for the body of the rocket. Black card stock was used for the top, band and sides of the rocket. Brads were added to the band before attaching it to the rocket.
Assemble the rocket.
Fill with candy. I used Hershey Kisses, but any small candy will work. The candy gives the rocket stability and will provide the lollipops a base to hold them in place.
Rocket themed sentiments were printed on to buttons from the kit and placed on to stars which are also elements from the kit. The lollipop wrapping stuck out a little so I trimmed a bit of the edges off.
Poke holes in random places in the rocket. I used a paper piercer then enlarged the hole with the tip of a pair of scissors. Put the lollipop sticks into the holes.
It is very simple to construct and not at all frilly. Have a very Happy Valentine’s Day!
Other Articles by jknath:
- Christmas Pillow Box - December 16th, 2013
- PUMPKIN BOX - November 20th, 2013
- Halloween Matchbox Pop-up - October 17th, 2013
- Mustache Gift Bag - September 4th, 2013
- BANNER SHADOW BOX - August 21st, 2013