With Valentine’s week upon us, there is still time to put together simple and adorable projects for the classroom or special ones in your life.
- Wishing Well Creations Family Funhouse Solid Papers
- Wishing Well Creations Everyday Life 2013 Patterned Multi Papers
- Kelleigh Ratzlaff Top Heavy Pillow Box Template Set and Cutting Files
- Die cutter or circle die cutter
- Optional: Candy to fill
Step1: Print and cut all of the pieces that you will need to assemble your pillow box.
-Print and cut out 14 1-inch circles from your preferred patterned paper from Wishing Well Creations Everyday Life 2013 Patterned Multi Papers
– Print and cut out pillow box from Kelleigh Ratzlaff Top Heavy Pillow Box Template Set and Cutting Files using your preferred solid paper from Wishing Well Creations Family Funhouse Solid Papers. Also cut out 2 3-inch hearts using the same solid paper
– Print and cut out 2 2-inch white circles from white paper in the Wishing Well Creations Family Funhouse Solid Papers
– Print and cut out 2 1-inch dark circles from black paper in the Wishing Well Creations Family Funhouse Solid Papers
– Print and cut out 2 1- inch hearts from the yellow paper in the Wishing Well Creations Family Funhouse Solid Papers
Step 2: Assemble the body of the owl by adhering the top of each circle and layering the 1-inch circles 4 in a row half way down the pillow box. Alternate 3 in the following row and continue until all circles are adhered. Fluff or slightly lift the bottom of the circles to feather
Step 3: Adhere remaining pieces and assemble pillow box
– Adhere a yellow heart above the first row of circles for the owl beak.
– Adhere white and then black circles on top of the yellow heart beak for the eyes
– Adhere the second yellow heart upside down under the last row of circles for the owl toes
– Fold hearts in half and adhere red hearts upside down on the backside of the pillow box. Write Valentine’s Day greetings on the backside of the folded hearts if desired
– Assemble pillow box and fill with goodies
Happy crafting and have a wonderful Valentine’s Week!
Other Articles by quietangelsb:
- Sweet Treat Holder - April 22nd, 2013
- Paper Flower Garland - March 27th, 2013
- Valentine Pop Bottles - January 25th, 2013
- Rudolph Candy Bowl - December 14th, 2012
- Thankful Paper Leaf Wreath - November 19th, 2012