I love to travel … and take pictures everywhere, of course. For the longest time, I’ve been thinking about an album just like the one I made for this hybrid post … (I had created this little album as a paper class project last summer, taught the class, and never did anything with the album although I really liked how it turned out!) Then inspiration came when I ran across the album in my studio the other day …
and then, off I went to check The Digichick store. I knew right away that Kimeric Kreations BON VOYAGE was the perfect kit to bring my ideas to life in paper.
The accordion folder in the album just happened to have 13 spots, so I made a list of 13 vacation destinations that I love! This project helped me continue on a goal I have for 2013 – 13 lists of 13 things I love in 2013! I set to work creating my pages for the album using Kimeric Kreations BON VOYAGE and template packs from Digital Designs by Amber Morrison.
I used the following template packs: JUST PEACHY, LA BELLA VITA, BAD REPUTATION, CHEESECAKE, CONFETTI CONFETTI, GOLDEN DAYS, I’M ON THE EDGE and SIMPLICITY – all available in Amber’s store at The Digichick.
Just to keep the elements fresh I used a few additional elements from Sweet Digi Scraps: SET ADRIFT, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, HAPPY TO HAVE YOU and FIND YOURSELF – all are available in Liz’s store at The Digichick.
Here are the Previews of all the pages that I made:
- blank CD case
- 12 x 12 cardstock (kraft color)
- 4″ piece of ribbon
- Palette Burnt umber ink (for smudging edges)
- VersaMagic Night sky ink (for smudging edges of blue layouts)
- Georgia Pacific white cardstock for printing layouts
- Scor-tape, glue dots or adhesive of choice
- Tools I used: paper trimmer, Scor-pal, sponges for inking
1. Cut the 12 x 12 cardstock into 4″ strips. Trim two of those strips to 8 1/2″ x 4″ and leave the third one 12″ x 4″. Score each piece at 4″ and 8″ (I used a Scor-pal but there are lots of ways to score – choose what works best for you.)
2. The 1/2″ strips on the 8 1/2″ x 4″ pieces are used to attach them to the 12″ x 4″ piece, so you will have one long strip with eight places on each side to attach your layouts.
3. Print layouts to 3 3/4″ square and trim to fit the pages. Front, back and inside covers are not square so be sure to figure their measurement into your plan.
4. I used a sponge and my inks (burnt umber and night sky) to distress the edges of my layouts and the cardstock strip. Ink is also a great way to hide the white core edges of your cardstock printouts!
5. Fold up your cardstock strip so that you can find the section that will be adhered to the inside back cover. No picture will go on this section. Then layout your images, and clip to the strip until you determine just how you want to arrange them. Once you have decided how to arrange them, then you just begin attaching them to the strip. I used Scor-tape ( but any double sided sticky adhesive would work, just use what you are accustomed to using.) Be sure to add a loop of ribbon to the strip of cardstock before you adhere the last art piece there, so that you will be able to easily pull the accordion out of the case. Once all your pictures are on the strip you are ready to assemble the album.
6. Adhere front and inside cover pages together, trim to fit the front of the case. Add glue dots to the corners of the front cover, and slide into place in the CD. Press to adhere well. Repeat with back and inside back cover. Adhere glue dots, and slide into place in the back of the CD case (this one is bigger, so you will need to adjust your art piece to fit. I added an extra folded strip of matching paper to fill the space.) Add adhesive to your accordion on the empty panel and center it on the back inside cover and press in place … then enjoy your album!
Other Articles by poki04:
- Butterfly Photo Cube - - May 17th, 2013
- Birthday List Journal - April 26th, 2013
- Altered Canvas - March 29th, 2013
- A Purse Organizer - January 30th, 2013
- NOEL tablescape - December 26th, 2012