This little guy would make a cute favor/treat container for an animal themed party.
- SOAP BOX TEMPLATE SET AND CUTTING FILES by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
- OFF KILTER BOXES by Girl Boy Girl Designs
- THE GREAT OUTDOORS
- ADHESIVE, LIGHT AND DARK BROWN CARD STOCK, WHITE CARD STOCK FOR PRINTING
Begin by creating the Soap Box exactly as directed out of the light brown card stock.
Print out the moose head three times. I cropped out just the head and enlarged it by about 20%. I cut out the pieces as shown.
Add a few pop dots to the backs of the face pieces as shown.
Layer the face pieces and attach to the narrow end of the Off Kilter Box.
Attach the broad end to the “body” positioning it about a third of the way down just below the crease.
To add some hooves to the legs, I added a thin strip of dark brown card stock. To make a pattern for this I measured up about a half inch from the bottom of the box template from the bottom and drew a line. The part that will be the hoof strip is the area marked with a diagonal line.
The band was cut out and used as a template for a strip of dark brown card stock placed at the base of the foot.
The feet were attached to the bottom of the Soap Box.
I have a thing for moose which is why I chose this animal but I think this would really be sweet as a baby shower favor using some of the animals in the BRADY’S ROOM KIT. How cute would it be using the lion or giraffe?
Thanks so much for visiting and have a crafty day!
Other Articles by jknath:
- Christmas Pillow Box - December 16th, 2013
- PUMPKIN BOX - November 20th, 2013
- Halloween Matchbox Pop-up - October 17th, 2013
- Mustache Gift Bag - September 4th, 2013
- BANNER SHADOW BOX - August 21st, 2013