This is a simple project that will make your Thanksgiving table look pretty and serve a useful purpose. It also coordinates perfectly with the beautiful Thanksgiving Countdown Banner made by Nikki.
- THANKFUL by Elise’s Pieces
- AUTUMN LEAVES TEMPLATE SET AND CUTTING FILES by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
- GATHERED BOX TEMPLATE SET AND CUTTING FILES by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
- Electronic cutting machine or scissors
- Embellishments – I used a crocheted flower and some twine but you can substitute whatever you have on hand.
- Brown ink, sponge
I started by using one of the beautiful patterned papers from the THANKFUL KIT with the GATHERED BOX TEMPLATE. If you would like to learn how to do this easily check out THIS tutorial. Using a craft knife, I cut along the fold lines as shown. We will be using only the pieces labeled 1 and 2.
There is a fold line along the bottom edge of the longer piece. This edge will get a piece of double sided tape on the front.
This will be attached to the wrong side of the shorter piece. Score at the cut edge, two inches over and at the two ends as shown.
Fold the box on the score lines and adhere the top portion together.
The large maple leaf was made using the AUTUMN LEAVES TEMPLATE. The elements were from the THANKFUL Kit. My sweet mom made the crocheted flower for me and the twine was just something I had in my scraps. The cream colored decorative element in the far right corner was made from a Spellbinder’s Die.
Brown ink was sponged along the edges of all the pieces.
The elements were added in layers and all of them were giving some dimension by adding pop dots to the back.
The entire leaf was adhered to the box with pop dots.
This can easily be personalized for a placecard by adding a name next to or in place of the thankful label.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Other Articles by jknath:
- Christmas Pillow Box - December 16th, 2013
- PUMPKIN BOX - November 20th, 2013
- Halloween Matchbox Pop-up - October 17th, 2013
- Mustache Gift Bag - September 4th, 2013
- BANNER SHADOW BOX - August 21st, 2013