Hi, everyone! Rebecca (ReboScraps) here with a little DIY Halloween cuteness for you. This weekend, I got a little crafty and made some candy wrappers. One is a simple wrapper for a miniature chocolate bar, and the other is a little pumpkin-shaped wrapper. At the end, you can grab a quick download to make these yourself. What you’ll need:
- Halloween Party Scrapbook Kit by Quirky Twerp
- Miniature chocolate bars
- Other individual candies (for the pumpkins)
- Optional – Freebie Candy Wrapper Template (available below)
- Optional – Paper Trimmer for the straight edges
- Optional – Silhouette for cutting out shapes
- Fonts: Earwig Factory, Western, Von Font
For the basic candy wrappers, you simply need to measure your chocolate bars and draw a rectangle in your digital software. I use Photoshop Elements and I find it’s helpful to have the rulers and the grid turned on when I am working on something that needs to be a specific finished size.
For the pumpkin wrappers, clip papers to the various shapes to add some nice dimension. I actually used a couple different orange papers, but the template is shadowed, so if you simply repeat one paper, you will still have some nice texture. Once you have designed your wrappers, just print on your favorite paper, cut out and glue. Ta-da! Your custom chocolates will be the hit of the party. All treats – no tricks! Happy Haunting, everyone!
Jumpstart your candy wrappers with this freebie template!
Click on the image to go to box.com to download the freebie or go to this link:
Other Articles by ReboScraps:
- One Little Word Banner - May 22nd, 2013
- Travel Journal - February 19th, 2013
- Paper Roses Ornament - January 23rd, 2013
- Candle Wrappers - December 13th, 2012
- Holiday Place Cards and Napkin Rings - November 16th, 2012