Treats always taste better when they come in a cute package. These treat containers are super easy to make so they would be great for party favors.
- GREEN, BLACK, WHITE CARDSTOCK
- 1, 5/8, 1/2 INCH CIRCLE PUN
- GRASS PUNCH (optional)
- DOUBLE SIDED TAPE -1/8 and 1/4 inch
- DARK GREEN INK AND A SPONGE
HYBRID TEMPLATES USED FOR THE PROJECTS:
- CANDY DISPENSER TEMPLATE AND CUTTING FILE by KELLEIGH RATZLAFF
- PERFECT PUMPKIN TEMPLATE AND CUTTING FILE by KELLEIGH RATZLAFF
Either manually or using an electronic cutter, cut out the candy dispenser using green card stock. Cut an extra top out of black card stock as shown. The green piece was placed on top of black card stock. I traced around it then cut it out. This will be the top of Frankie’s head.
Adhere the black piece on top of the green.
Assemble the dispenser.
I used a grass punch for the hair but if you don’t have one just cut a ragged edge out of black card stock.
Adhere the hair along the upper edge of the candy dispenser.
To make the eyes punch a 1 inch circle out of green card stock, 2-5/8 inch circles from white card stock and 3-1/2 inch circles from black card stock. Cut the green circle in half and sponge a little dark green ink on the round edge.
Adhere the black circles to the white in a random pattern. Add pop dots to the back of the half circles.
Attach the eyes to the dispenser.
Add the black circle for the nose.
Assemble the two pieces of the pumpkin template.
I didn’t have a template for the face so I cut them out free hand. I cut out a couple eye shapes till I found one I liked then used it as a template to cut the other so they matched. The nostrils were small ovals and the mouth was a thin curved strip with short thin tabs placed randomly along the curved piece.
The face pieces were adhered to the pumpkin template. The eyes were attached with pop dots for extra dimension.
Other Articles by jknath:
- Birdhouse Gift Box and Card - May 5th, 2013
- Vintage Pin - April 5th, 2013
- Bunny Purse - March 8th, 2013
- Rocket Valentine - February 4th, 2013
- Moose Treat Container - January 14th, 2013