With the fall season in full swing, apples and pumpkins are abundant everywhere. The basket of apples from the orchards didn’t last long around my house, but I created a basket of 3D paper apples that did!
- Day at the Orchard digital kit by Michelle Batton
- Perfect Pumpkin Template Set and Cutting Files by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs
- Exacto Knife and Scissors
- Diecutting machine (optional)
Step 1: Cut out 15 apple shapes in desired size and colors using diecut machine or by hand. I used the apple shape contained within the digital kit to cut out the apple shape with my Silhouette. Any apple diecut that has a symmetrical body shape will work.
Step 2: Fold all 15 apples in half in the same direction. Glue one side of the first apple to the second apple and repeat until all apple diecuts are adhered to one another. Set aside apples.
Step 3: Using cutting files or scissors, cut out bottom part of Perfect Pumpkin in desired size and color.
Step 4: Use an exacto knife to cut two small slits in each section to create the grooves of the apple basket. The first slit should be about 1 mm thick and 2 mm away from the tabbed edge and run the length of the section from top to bottom, stopping about 2 mm from the top and 2 mm from the bottom. The second slit should be half way in between the first slit and the edge of the section.
Step 5: Once you have completed the slits, assemble the basket, add basket filler and your previously completed apples for a fall centerpiece. You could easily replicate this project with a pumpkin shape to create 3D pumpkins or any fall shape you would like.
Other Articles by quietangelsb:
- Sweet Treat Holder - April 22nd, 2013
- Paper Flower Garland - March 27th, 2013
- Owl Valentine Pillow Box - February 11th, 2013
- Valentine Pop Bottles - January 25th, 2013
- Rudolph Candy Bowl - December 14th, 2012