Hi it’s Bonnie from p i n k b o n b o n s popping in with a Design Team project!!
In August, The Digichick hosted a Homecoming Celebration where we honored our Designers – both Current and those Alumni who have moved on. For this Celebration, we challenged our Hybrid Chicks to create parade floats to represent each Designer. We had two “rules” for this – each parade float was to be created using only designs from the assigned designer and the Chicks had to use one or more items from the Hybrid category at The Digichick Shop.
You can view the entire parade over in the forums. And to add to the fun, our Designers tossed “candy” (store coupons) from their floats. Some of the coupons are still valid. Here is my parade float. I hope you like.
- Kelleigh Ratzlaff – Cupcake Box
- Jacque Larsen (Alumni designer) - You can now find her fabulous designs over at the Lilypad
- Small box ideal for a float (mine had biscuits in)
- White paper, Adhesive tape, foam dimensional pads
- Alphabet Stickers
- Designer paper
- Star Die
- Twine, Ribbon, Buttons, Stickles/glitter, Straws
1. First, I covered my box in white paper. I punched some stars with designer paper and adhered them to top of box and then die cut some stars and decorated them adding alphabet stickers, I then adhered stars around the box(float).
2. I printed out all my elements and cut out some triangles to form a banner and threaded some twine through. I made 2 holes and inserted straws to hang banner and tied banner to the straws.
3. I cut out a cupcake box svg with my cutting machine and decorated it with ribbon, buttons and glitter.
4. I then cut out other elements and adhered them to a cut down straw with tape. I made several holes for them to stand up in.
5. I then added lots of stickles so it sparkles!! The alphabet stickers go all the way round saying ‘Make a Wish’!
Other Articles by ladyb:
- The sun will come out tomorrow! - May 4th, 2013
- Treat Pouches - March 11th, 2013
- One last Christmas card - December 28th, 2012
- Back to School Pencil Toppers - July 26th, 2012
- The Big Top and Tootsie Box - June 28th, 2012