Page templates are a huge time saver on layout pages and even can be used for hybrid projects. Recently, I used page templates to create a backdrop of buildings for the Fiddle-dee-dee Designs float for the recent Homecoming Parade. The parade is still “going on” so make sure you check out all of the other papercrafted parade floats too!
- Fuss Free: Pennants 2 by Fiddle-dee-dee Designs
- Fuss Free: Shake It 2 by Fiddle-dee-dee Designs
- Luv Bug Car Template Set by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs
- Scalloped Borders by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs
- Tall Box by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs
Using two template sets from Fiddle-dee-dee Designs, I flipped the Tall Box template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs 180 degrees and attached the four different page designs on each side, duplicating and stacking each template three times on each side.
I printed, cut and assembled each box, utilizing the bottom of the box as the roof of the building. I connected them together, added shade awnings using my Silhouette and cut open a few door openings.
I wanted the buildings and templates to be the focus of the float and used solid colored shapes from my Silhouette, Scalloped Borders and the Luv Bug Car template from Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs to complete the busy street scene.
Other Articles by quietangelsb:
- Sweet Treat Holder - April 22nd, 2013
- Paper Flower Garland - March 27th, 2013
- Owl Valentine Pillow Box - February 11th, 2013
- Valentine Pop Bottles - January 25th, 2013
- Rudolph Candy Bowl - December 14th, 2012