Hi, everybody! Lori here to share an idea for your friend’s next birthday. This project goes together quickly and will be a wonderful little gift!
- Vintage Charm Scrapbook Kit by Quirky Twerp
- Carrot Box Cutting File by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
- Scalloped Scissors
I chose two pretty papers and printed on both sides of the paper. Then I cut out the “carrot” using the cut file. I changed the top on this by using a die as a guide and cutting around it with scalloped scissors.
You’ll notice that I waited to change the top tabs until after I had the cone together. It would be much easier to do it the other way around! I glued the top tabs down and added a button and twine to the front one.
Look at all the pretty goodies you can use to decorate your cone! I decided that I also wanted a tag to put on the treat bag inside. I printed a sentiment on one of the vintage tags included in the kit.
Almost finished. Just add some pretty ribbon…
Isn’t it cool how versatile the carrot cut file turns out to be? You can create carrot treat boxes at Easter and pretty birthday cones when you need them. Hope you can use this idea soon!
Other Articles by Lori H:
- Cute Gift Card Holder - May 29th, 2012
- Garden Gift Set - April 18th, 2012
- Kids Thank You Kit - March 26th, 2012
- Sweet Easter Ensemble - February 27th, 2012
- Valentine Spool Decorations - January 16th, 2012