I wanted to make a thank you gift for my daughter’s Sunday School teacher. When I saw Kelleigh’s new template, I knew I wanted to make something using it.
- Picket Fences by Wishing Well Creations
- Tootsie Box by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs
- Rose in Bloom by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs
- Scoring Tools
After printing out each template, the first thing you’ll do is cut and score the box.
Next, I bent all the lines and glued the edges. Once the box is glued on the edges, it will look like this.
You will then take each side and pinch and twist to secure it. This box is nice because you can add your treat and twist the side to close it.
Once my box was done, I made the rose. I printed the template on one side and flipped it over and printed the same patterned paper on the other. There are three petals and when you cut them out you will end up with five pieces to create your rose.
The next step is to take the six petal flower and glue it. Then do the same to the five petal flower and the four petal flower. The two petals you will roll loosely and glue. Then the final part is to take the one petal and roll it tightly.
Once all the petals are glued, you can lightly roll the edge of each petal to give it a more genuine look. Add some glue and begin layering your flower until you’ve made your rose.
And here is your completed project:
Other Articles by Christy:
- Flip Flop Card - June 13th, 2012
- Pretty Spring Mobile - April 16th, 2012
- Mini Journals - March 28th, 2012
- Easy as 1, 2, 3! - February 22nd, 2012
- Hybrid Home Decor - January 18th, 2012