Happy Monday everyone! Rebecca (reboscraps) here with a quick post. I love using my digi stuff to add customization to every day items. In this post, I’ll explain how to make small “custom” vase out of something I grabbed from the recycle bin. I guess that’s what you call “upcycled” – right?
Here’s what you’ll need!
- 1 empty St*rbucks Frappuccino bottle (or another glass bottle of your choice)
- glue or double-sided tape
- your choice of cute digi supplies (from The Digi Chick, naturally!) For my project, I used Celebrate by Elise’s Pieces.
If you’re using the same kind of bottle I did, you’ll need a finished printed pieces that measures 10″ by 2.25″. If you are measuring your bottle, remember when you wrap around to allow about 1/2 inch for overlap. Here’s my digital design (the “x” on the right indicates the overlap area):
Then, design your project, print, trim it and glue it on to your bottle. Viola! Instant cuteness!! (By the way, this is the part where you ignore my ugly silk flowers – it’s much cuter with the real thing!)
I made a set of these with a different design last summer for a family reunion. I customized the design with our family name, and everyone LOVED them! Personalizing them with a name would make them perfect for bridal or baby showers, weddings, anniversaries, or any other special occasion.
Other Articles by ReboScraps:
- Travel Journal - February 19th, 2013
- Paper Roses Ornament - January 23rd, 2013
- Candle Wrappers - December 13th, 2012
- Holiday Place Cards and Napkin Rings - November 16th, 2012
- More Sweet Treats! - October 23rd, 2012