Finally there are signs of spring here in Holland, all the flower bulbs are coming up, Narcissus are in bloom, birds are happy gathering little bits and pieces for their nest, and it is just in time as I am so done with winter. So I decided to create a banner to celebrate Spring.
For this banner, you need:
- Silhouette Cameo or other brand cutting machine
- Banners set 1 from The Cutting Files
- Paperflowers template set 1 from the Cutting Files
- Happy Easter digital stamp set by Danielle Engebretson
- A little whimsy paperpack by Joyful Hearts designs
- White cardstock to cut the banners from
- Doublesided tape
- Scotch invisible tape
- Dew Drops
- Copic markers: Rv11-RV32-R85-B01-B32-B34- G20-G21-B60-Y21
- Copic Blender pen to make dots on the dress of the bunny
- Spectrum Noir markers: BG1-BG2-BG4-PP1
- Glue dots in 3mm and 9mm
- Martha Stewart leaf punch
I started with cutting out 6 of the scalloped banners and 6 matching straight banners. I cut out the word Lente which means Spring in Dutch. I used a font that I have stored on my computer it is called Segoe print.
I also cut out a lot of the flowers in many sizes and shapes. You can easily make these smaller or larger. What I have here on the picture is almost an A4 sheet full. I cut them out in 4 different colours of the digital paperpack.
You start with adding lace and ribbon to the digital design paper and you use the Scotch tape on the backside to tape it to the paper. Then use the double sided tape to add the patterned paper to the scalloped banner.
I used the Happy Easter digital stamp to decorate the banners with but I did not wanted to make my banner into an Easter one as I want to show it till summer arrives. So I left out the eggs and happy easter sentiments from the set and only used the Bunny and the tulip flower. I coloured them with Copics and Spectrum Noir markers.
Now I have decorated them with alot of the cut out flowers, Dew drops, Pearls and Buttons.
You can use as much or as less as you want on them, I like the way mine turned out but I had to stop myself as I kept on adding things to them and sometimes less is more
I hope you enjoyed my Spring banner and thanks for stopping by.
Other Articles by Ria:
- Toilet roll mini album - May 14th, 2012
- April Card Template Challenge - April 5th, 2012
- Welcome Little One gift - February 17th, 2012