Decorating the house is one of my favorite activities around the house and I was especially inspired when the holiday season brought an abundance of paper garland inspiration, including one that I fell in love with from Pebbles In My Pocket. To create a simple and easy decoration such as this paper holly garland around the house, you only need a few supplies that you probably already have on hand and a few extra minutes.
- Happy Holly Days Add-on Paper Pack by Karen Lewis
- Every Day of the Year : Papers by Sugarplum Paperie
- Every Day of the Year : Solids by Sugarplum Paperie
- Circle punch
- Sewing machine
- Scissors or die cut machine
The first step was to select and print my favorite solid and textured papers and I used a variety of different patterns and colors from Happy Holly Days Add-on Paper Pack by Karen Lewis, Every Day of the Year : Papers by Sugarplum Paperie and Every Day of the Year : Solids by Sugarplum Paperie. I printed them double sided.
I used my 1 inch circle punch to punch out red circles for the holly berries and used my Silhouette to cut out the holly leaf shapes. You can also cut the leaves out freehand. The number of each shape that you will need to cut will depend on how long you want your garland to be and how much space you would like in between each shape. I used about 6 berries and 4 leaves per 12 inches. Once you have cut out all of your shapes, lay them out in rows, laying two of each shape on top of each other and alternating between a berry shape and leaf shape.
With a sewing machine, sew each shape down the center.
Fold out each shape for additional dimension and step back to enjoy your newest festive decoration.
Other Articles by quietangelsb:
- Sweet Treat Holder - April 22nd, 2013
- Paper Flower Garland - March 27th, 2013
- Owl Valentine Pillow Box - February 11th, 2013
- Valentine Pop Bottles - January 25th, 2013
- Rudolph Candy Bowl - December 14th, 2012