Happy day, fellow Hybrid Chick fans!! Rebecca here today with another fun and fast craft for you, just in time for Halloween… cute pumpkin topper for suckers! These come together so fast and would be such a cute treat for that special kiddo in your life or for their school friends!
- Sweet Strawberry Template Set – Kelleigh Ratzlaff
- Hocus Pocus Bundle – Cluster Queen Creations and geniaBeana Scraps
- twine or ribbon
- hole punch
- tape runner
- Green Paper Flowers by Bride’s (optional)
- Dum Dum Pops
1. Clip your papers to the strawberry templates in your photo editing software. For the Dum Dum pops, I used the small strawberry template… and since they are now orange, I’m going to refer to them as pumpkins. *wink*
2. After cutting out the pumpkins and scoring the sides, punch holes in the dots marked on the tips of the template and also in the center where all the sides will meet… this is where the sucker stick will come through. I used the smaller punch size (3/16) on the crop a dile I.
3. Glue the tab to form the bottom of the pumpkin.
4. Insert the sucker into the pumpkin.
5. Cut a piece of twine or ribbon to about 6 inches and thread from inside out, through each hole.
6. Pull together and knot the top to create the stem.
7. Glue the flower to the pumpkin.
8. Glue the tag onto the stick.
And there you have it… pumpkin toppers for Dum Dum Pops!! Aren’t they cute? You can even get the kids involved and have them decorate the pops after the pumpkin is attached. 🙂
I hope you are inspired to try this craft at home… until next time!!
Rebecca aka mamabee
Other Articles by Rebecca (MamaBee):
- Thankful Turkey - November 7th, 2011
- On the Go Coloring Book - September 12th, 2011
- Party Blowers! - August 8th, 2011
- Celebrate the Liberty with Paper Binoculars! - July 1st, 2011
- A Father's Day Gift That Measures Up! - June 3rd, 2011