With summer coming to a close and families beginning to gather school supplies, I thought I’d make a little “welcome back to school” item for our house. Since we home school, I try to make our first week of school a smooth transition from no structure to structure. So let’s gather our supplies.
- A is for Apple by The Digichick Designers
- Gazebo Template by Stacy Molter Designs
- Scoring Tool
- Floral Wire
1. Stacy’s Gazebo template is meant for those awesome digital cutting systems, but I went the “old school” route since I don’t have one of those cutting systems. Once the template is printed, I used my Exacto knife and scissors to cut the windows out.
2. Once the windows had been cut out, I scored the template.
3. I then began to assemble the lower half of the gazebo.
4. Next, I cut out the top of the gazebo, scored it and set it aside.
5. I wanted to add a few elements to my gazebo so I printed up a couple of elements to add to the top. I took some floral wire and taped it on side of the element. Then I added the other element to the other side.
6. Lastly, I added the wire to the top of my gazebo.
Now just put the top on the gazebo and voila!
Other Articles by Christy:
- Flip Flop Card - June 13th, 2012
- Tootsie Treat Box - May 7th, 2012
- Pretty Spring Mobile - April 16th, 2012
- Mini Journals - March 28th, 2012
- Easy as 1, 2, 3! - February 22nd, 2012