Happy July everyone! Wow… can it be July already?
I’m here with another easy kids craft for you and your kiddos!! A number of us will be celebrating with fireworks this month and, of course, the kids need binoculars to be able to see them better, right? Of course, this craft can be done year round… even for bird watching. My son loves these and carries them around all over the place… should we get started?
- Happy Little Forth – Quirky Twerp, The DigiChick
- 2 paper tubes
- glue and tape adhesive
1. Design a 9×4 banner in your digital software and print out on matte, double sided photo or presentation paper.
2. Run a strip of tape down the length of one of the paper tubes and press together with the second.
3. Have your trusty sidekick spread glue around the tubes… hey, Rupert, you should be focusing on supervising, not posing for the photo.
4. Wrap the decorated banner around the double paper tubes. Note, you may need to place a strip of adhesive on the end of the banner to attach both sides.
5. Measure about 1 yard of ribbon and tie knots at both ends.
6. Staple each end to both sides of the paper tubes.
7. If you are follower of my other projects, you know Rupert can not be left out of the craft… haha… so I made him his own pair of binoculars! Just took some scrap paper and wrapped around a pen to create a tube and glued together… then punched a hole on each side and tread thin ribbon around his head. Looking sharp, Rupert!
8. Then it must go through quality control…
Such a fun craft!! I sure hope you are inspired to make some paper binoculars, too!!
Until next month… wishing you all a very happy and safe 4th of July and Canadian Day!!
Rebecca aka MamaBee
Other Articles by Rebecca (MamaBee):
- Thankful Turkey - November 7th, 2011
- Pumpkin Sucker Toppers - October 22nd, 2011
- On the Go Coloring Book - September 12th, 2011
- Party Blowers! - August 8th, 2011
- A Father's Day Gift That Measures Up! - June 3rd, 2011