So many Dads love their toys… er, I mean tools. I’m going to show you an easy to make tool belt shaped card that has a little pocket inside for a gift card to his favorite tool store.
- Around the World – The Digichick Collaboration – featured at The DailyDigi for the Month of June 2011 before it comes home to TDC in July 2011
- Industrial Revolution Elements Pack by Quirky Twerp
- Geared Up Alpha by ViVa
- Kraft or beige card stock
- Oval punch
- sewing machine/brown thread
- brown brads
- brown ink/sponge
- white card stock
Using the Around the World Kit, print two of the paper that is shown below.
From the printed paper, cut a 1.25 x 6.25 inch and a 4.5 x 6.25 inch piece and sponge around the edges with brown ink.
Adhere the 4.5 X 6.25 inch piece to the front of the card base.
Cut three more pieces in the following dimensions; 2.875 x 4 inch, 2.875 x1.25 inch, and 0.75 x 1.75 inches. Sponge the edges with brown ink.
On the back of the 2.875 x 4 inch, draw a line down the center and use it as a guide to punch a scalloped edge on either side as shown above.
Sew around each of the three pieces and adhere as shown. Make sure to place the adhesive around the outer edges of the pieces so that the tools have a space to slide into.
Sew along the edges of the 1.25 x 4.5 inch piece.
Add brads to the center of the strip and adhere to the front of the card.
For the inside of the card, an element from the Around the World Kit and letters from Geared Up Alpha were used to make the gift card pocket.
The top was trimmed off and the oval punch was used to create a scallop in the top.
Print and cut out several tools from the Industrial Revolution Elements Pack. I made the tools about 4 inches in height so that they would fit nicely in the belt without sticking up too high.
Tuck the tools into the front pockets and give Dad a very Happy Father’s Day!
Other Articles by jknath:
- Christmas Pillow Box - December 16th, 2013
- PUMPKIN BOX - November 20th, 2013
- Halloween Matchbox Pop-up - October 17th, 2013
- Mustache Gift Bag - September 4th, 2013
- BANNER SHADOW BOX - August 21st, 2013