For my post this month, I thought I’d feature Stacy Molter’s very versatile Tag template and cutting files. The individual elements can be used and resized as needed to create a variety of paper crafted items.
To create these tags you will need:
- Tag #1 Template and Cutting Files by Stacy Molter
- Flower Template and Cutting Files by Stacy Molter
- Spring Love Designer Kit by Viva Artistry
- Spring Love Add On Designer Kit by Viva Artistry
- Old Paper Distress Ink
- Smoke Blue Versacolor Ink
- Adhesive Pearls
- Sentiment Stamps (mine are by Waltzing Mouse and Kaisercraft)
- sewing machine or other means of sewing
First, I’ll show you how to create the tag with the branch and flowers.
1. Print Spring Love Paper 2 and cut tag, bracket, branch and a small butterfly. Also cut flowers 1 and 3 using the flower cutting files.
2. Ink edges of all the elements with Old Paper Distress Ink.
3. Trim the bracket to the width of the tag and then cut in half to create the layered element at the bottom of the tag.
4. Assemble the elements and stitch or otherwise adhere in place
5. Add pearls to the flowers and add some ribbon.
6. Stamp Waltzing Mouse sentiment.
Next is the tag with the large layered butterfly:
1. Print Spring Love Paper 2 and cut tag and butterflies. The large butterfles are cut at 100%, 90% and 80%. The small ones are sized at approximately 1 inch.
2. Ink the edges of all the elements using Old Paper Distress Ink and stitch in place.
3. Stamp sentiment and add ribbon.
And here’s how I made the tag with the rolled rose and butterfly:
1. Print Spring Love AO Paper 3 and cut tag, bracket, butterfly, flower and leaves.
2. Trim the bracket to create an asymmetrical element as shown.
3. Ink the edges of all the elements using Old Paper Distress Ink.
4. Stamp the Waltzing Mouse sentiment on a small offcut.
5. Stitch tag, bracket, butterfly and sentiment in place.
6. Create the flower and adhere with the leaves.
7. Add the ribbon.
To finish off the set, I created a card featuring the flower and the bracket.
1. Print Spring Love Paper 3 and cut a bracket, some leaves and a flower.
2. You will also need to cut a square panel for the card and an oval for the sentiment.
3. Ink the edges of all elements with Smoke Blue Versacolor ink.
4. Stitch the square panel in place.
5. Stamp the Kaisercraft sentiment and adhere all the other elements in place.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. I’d love to see your tags inspired by my tags!
Other Articles by UKJem:
- Card Caravan #20 - Use Pink - May 27th, 2012
- Card Caravan Challenge #15: A Sketch - March 18th, 2012
- Card Caravan Challenge #10 - Sparkle - January 8th, 2012
- Card Caravan Challenge #5 - Homemade Flowers - October 30th, 2011
- Pocket Notebooks - July 25th, 2011