Happy Friday, everyone! Can you believe it is June already… I sure can’t. Today I’m here with another quick and easy gift – this just in time for Father’s Day – that your kids can help you create.
For me, this project is an appropriate gift from son to Daddy… my son has a mild obsession with measuring things around the house…
- Around the World – The DigiChick Collaboration – featured at The DailyDigi for the Month of June 2011 before coming home to TDC in July 2011
- Box #1 Templates and Cutting Files by Stacy Molter
- crayons for the kiddos
1. In my photo editing software, I decorated the box template and the ruler. Then I printed on double sided matte photo paper.
2. Cut out the pieces and have your child personalize the box… Rupert, number one favorite plush lamb, is supervising to make sure J only stays in the box. ha ha
3. Fold along the crease lines… I couldn’t find my bone file… I suspect Rupert has it… so I used a craft stick to sharpen the creases.
4. Fold up the box leaving the bottom section open. Because of the writing on my ruler, I need it to “pull out” on the left. Adhere the inside box tab down.
5. Adhere the end of the ruler to the inside of the box.
6. Push the rest of the ruler into the box, gently. The beginning of the ruler edge is now at the same corner the end of the ruler is taped to the box.
7. Close up the bottom of the box… as a note, do not glue the bottom flap to the box…. my son pushed the ruler all the way back in and it was a trick to get it back out since I taped the flap to the box… oops.
8. Now you will be able to slide the ruler in and out… the paper will curl a bit, I wonder if laminating the ruler would help it lay a bit more flat because it will be thicker. I guess Rupert needed to be in this photo because he wasn’t in the photo with J and Daddy on the box, according to J. :)
And there it is… a cute gift for the man in your child’s life… or even for you to give to the people that mean the most to you, too! We are off to make more of these for all the grandpa’s and uncles! Also another nifty idea is you could add a gift card to the box, too… how cool would that be?!?
Other Articles by Rebecca (MamaBee):
- Thankful Turkey - November 7th, 2011
- Pumpkin Sucker Toppers - October 22nd, 2011
- On the Go Coloring Book - September 12th, 2011
- Party Blowers! - August 8th, 2011
- Celebrate the Liberty with Paper Binoculars! - July 1st, 2011