Baby showers are so much fun and it is great to give the attendees a sweet little treat to take home. This favor can also be used to choose door prize winners by placing a special symbol on the inside flap of the rattle top.
- BABY THEMED SHAPED CARDS TEMPLATE SET by KELLEIGH RATZLAFF
- SILLY BILLY DESIGNER KIT by KAREN LEWIS
- DOILIE SHAPES SET 1 by THE CUTTING FILES
- Cream/white card stock, printer
- Plastic treat cup – Stampin Up
- Ribbon, button, ink
Print and cut out the baby rattle template out of cream card stock.
Punch or use a compass to cut out a 1.75 inch circle. Center the cut circle in the center of the top of the rattle and trace around the edge. This will be used as a guide to punch/cut out the center for the treat cup.
The SILLY BILLY DESIGNER KIT by KAREN LEWIS was used to cut circles and a center to layer onto the rattle base. Once cut, the pieces were all edged with some brown ink.
This is where you can make a couple of the rattles different in order to pick door prize winners. Most of the rattles can have a plain background for the top, inner circle. On a couple though, a special decoration can be placed in the center. The star is an element from the SILLY BILLY DESIGNER KIT.
Decorate the top flap.
Using the guide you drew, either punch or cut out a circle from the top flap.
Add a little glue to the top of the treat cup around the lip and insert into hole as shown.
Scalloped circles were cut using my cricut and DOILIE SHAPES SET 1 by THE CUTTING FILES
The scalloped circles were attached to the back of the rattle.
The treat cup was filled with some color coordinated candies ( in this case jelly beans). The SU treat cups have a thin adhesive peel off strip which was use to attach a backing to keep the candies from falling out.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Other Articles by jknath:
- Christmas Pillow Box - December 16th, 2013
- PUMPKIN BOX - November 20th, 2013
- Halloween Matchbox Pop-up - October 17th, 2013
- Mustache Gift Bag - September 4th, 2013
- BANNER SHADOW BOX - August 21st, 2013