From what I see on the map, many of us in the US has been going through a bit of a cold/snowy snap and if your kids are like mine, they are bored of having to be in doors! My son is also feeling a bit under the weather today, so he really needed something to bring a smile to his face So, in order to help perk up those spirits, here is an easy and inexpensive project that young and old will love to do!!
- A Perfect Ordinary Day – SugarPlum Paperie and Lauren Grier, The DigiChick
- Glue (white glue and tape roller)
- Heart punch (optional)
- Googly eyes
- pipe cleaners
1. In your photo editing software, design two hearts (this will be the front and back of the body), print and cut.
2. Punch out 8 small hearts. I put my son and Rupert (his lamb in crime) in charge of punching out the hearts… he loved this!! Depending on your punch, they may need help with this step. Note: if you do not have a punch, you can cut out hearts freehand.
3. Cut a pipe cleaner into 4 equal parts and glue one end to the back of one heart. Note: I’m a bit impatient, so I also used my tape runner on the sides of the heart and placed a second heart on top of the heart with the pipe cleaner attached. This allowed me to continue working while it was “officially” drying.
4. Glue the eyes onto one of the big hearts. Notice Rupert is the supervisor making sure the employee is doing it correctly. LOL! Oh… and you may notice my son wearing a tie. It’s a phase he is in – every day he has to put a tie on. 🙂
5. Draw a little face on the heart with a pen or marker.
6. Glue the arms and legs to the backside of the second heart. Run the tape runner around the edges.
7. Place the first heart on top of the second heart pressing around to create a tight seal.
8. Finally we bent the legs and arms so it can stand on it’s own and we taped a little sign to it’s hands.
How cute is that? We made a couple of friends to go along with this cute little guy…
With that, I’m wishing you all a happy day!!
Rebecca aka MamaBee
Other Articles by Rebecca (MamaBee):
- Thankful Turkey - November 7th, 2011
- Pumpkin Sucker Toppers - October 22nd, 2011
- On the Go Coloring Book - September 12th, 2011
- Party Blowers! - August 8th, 2011
- Celebrate the Liberty with Paper Binoculars! - July 1st, 2011