Now that my oldest son is in school, I’d like to give gifts to his teachers for Christmas. His last day of school before the Christmas holiday is next week, so I needed something easy to make and also something that the teacher would actually use.
I came across a recipe online for a Sugar Hand Scrub that was put into small mason jars, so I went to the store and got the things I needed for the scrub. Then I got to work gathering my supplies for crafty part of the project.
- Paper to use as the wrap – I used Pixel Gypsy’s Just Jolly kit available at The Digichick.
- Paper cutter, punches, scissors
- Adhesive tape, adhesive foam
I accidentally made the wrap part of the paper a little too short, as you can see in the picture below of the jar (I’ve never really been good at measuring things), but it really didn’t matter as it was going to be covered up anyway. I used some red line tape to adhere the wrap to the mason jar.
Next, I took the small papers that I cut out with a paper punch and added some foam adhesive.
Adding a small piece of foam can really add a lot of pop to your project!
Then I grabbed my ribbon, added some red line adhesive to the back of it, and applied it to the paper that was already on the mason jar. I also added some fabric to dress up the top of the jar.
The final step was to add the description tag to the front of the jar, over the spot where the ribbon meets.
All in all, this is a very simple project that I will definitely be doing again!
Other Articles by tettletop20:
- Paper Pinecone Ornament - November 15th, 2010
- Vial Treat Holder - October 11th, 2010
- Decorative Stone Magnets - September 8th, 2010
- Paper Umbrellas - August 4th, 2010
- Recycled Phone Book Flowers - July 16th, 2010