It’s just hard to believe that soon it will be time to think about the holidays and what to get everyone for gifts this year!!
I’m one of those people that dislikes getting lists from others telling me what to buy them. I want to take the time and think about that perfect gift – the gift that when you look at it, it just screams the recipient’s name!! *sigh* However, my family and my husband’s family don’t roll this way. They may tell me what they want but they can’t tell me how to decorate the package.
Today’s tutorial is a common sign of gift giving – those cute bows that are the finishing touch of any gift. Did you know that you could make your own?
There are a lot of photos, however they are really easy to make, so please don’t be scared off. Also, they make really cute ornaments – just add a loop of ribbon to the back and you have instant ornament!!
- Snow Much Fun – Mari Koegelenberg
- Scissors or paper cutter
- thumb tack or 1/16 inch circle punch
- Foam dots
- two brads
1. Print two of your favorite designs on the front and back of your paper.
Note: If your printer allows, select the borderless print option.
2. Cut 8 strips of paper 1 inch by 6 inches and once piece 1 inch by 3 inches.
3. Take one strip of paper, put adhesive on one of the short ends and match the upper left corner with the right corner of the strip.
4. Slide the non adhesive short end over the adhesive end and press together, creating a “point” in the middle. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other 7 of the 1 inch by 6 in strips.
5. Using a thumb tack or a 1/16 circle punch, punch a hold through the two overlapped area for each of the “petals.”
6. Insert a small brad through four of the petals and secure. Using a second brad, add the last four petals and secure.
7. Place a foam dot in the center of one layer.
8. Place the second layer on top of the foam dot, turning it 1/2 turn so the petals fall between the first layer. Note: You may need to “flatten” the bottom layer a little bit so that the second layer fits.
9. Taking the last paper strip (1inch x 3 inches), tape short ends together creating a loop. Place a foam dot in the center second layer and place the loop in the center.
And you have a pretty bow ready for any gift!! If you would like to make it into an ornament just attach ribbon to the back of the bow with adhesive or staples.
Rebecca aka MamaBee
Other Articles by Rebecca (MamaBee):
- Thankful Turkey - November 7th, 2011
- Pumpkin Sucker Toppers - October 22nd, 2011
- On the Go Coloring Book - September 12th, 2011
- Party Blowers! - August 8th, 2011
- Celebrate the Liberty with Paper Binoculars! - July 1st, 2011