Hi everyone! Cupcakes are yummy but sometimes you want a little gift that will last a bit longer and not add to your waistline!
- BAKER’S BOX TEMPLATE
- GARDENOLOGIE SCRAPBOOK PACK
- TRANSPARENCY SHEET
- RED RIVER PAPER, 60LB PREMIUM MATTE PLUS
- RED and BLUE CARDSTOCK
- WOOD STIR STICK OR POPSICLE STICK
- SPELLBINDER SCALLOP CIRCLE DIE OR SCALLOP CIRCLE PUNCH, EDGING PUNCH, RIBBON, FLOWERS, BRADS
- SMALL PLANT
1. Print both pieces of the cupcake box using the Red River Paper. I used a striped paper from the GARDENOLOGIE SCRAPBOOK PACK as my base. If you need help in printing digi paper on a template click HERE. You can also print out a template then use paper you already have.
2. Using the Spellbinder die or a punch, cut out a window in the top of the box. The lines on the box were scored first so that the die could be centered.
3. Adhere a piece of transparency film onto the wrong side of the box.
4. Assemble the box as per the instructions including the insert. The insert was made from blue card stock.
5. Decorate the box as desired. I added some strips of paper from the Gardenologie pack around the bottom of the box and along the top edge of the lid. Isn’t that paper gorgeous?
6. Set the box aside for now and take a look at the element pack included in the Gardenologie set. Lots of goodies to work with there. I combined a couple different elements to make a little sign for the gift box and plant. It was sized to about 1.5X2 inches, mounted on red card stock. Cut an additional 1.5X2 inch piece of red card stock for the back.
7. Sandwich the stick between the two pieces.
8. I found this sweet little plant at my local building supply store. It is small enough to fit in the box and is a succulent so it doesn’t need much care. I do not have a green thumb so I found this to be a plus!
9. I transferred it to a more decorative container. You could also use some of the beautiful papers and elements in the pack to decorate the container if you choose.
10. It fits perfectly inside the box, too cute huh?
11. The little sign was threaded though the ribbon on the front of the box. There is plenty of space to write a sweet note to the recipient or maybe the name of the plant.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Other Articles by jknath:
- Birdhouse Gift Box and Card - May 5th, 2013
- Vintage Pin - April 5th, 2013
- Bunny Purse - March 8th, 2013
- Rocket Valentine - February 4th, 2013
- Moose Treat Container - January 14th, 2013