With the new school year upon us, I’m always trying to think of quick and easy gifts for my daughter’s preschool teachers. We have several gift-giving opportunities throughout the year and I like to make the gifts. I just love it when the recipient loves the gift and then asks, “Did you make this?”
This project is super quick and easy, cost-effective, and you can do it even if you don’t have a color printer at home! Because the finished printed project is 4″ x 6″ to fit right inside the 4″ x 6″ acrylic photo frame, you can create your project, save it as a .jpg and then have it printed anywhere you have your other photos printed. In fact, you don’t even have to have any adhesive on hand!
I decided to use Quirky Twerp’s GORGEOUS new release, Via Fortunata for this project. The colors are so rich and elegant and I love the antique feel of the elements.
- 4″ x 6″ acrylic photo frame (I picked this one up from Target. I have seen them at Hobby Lobby as well.)
- Via Fortunata scrapbook kit by Quirky Twerp
- Paper cutter (if printing at home)
- Sticky notes
Go to File > New and set the size of your document to be 6″ wide x 4″ high. While designing, I created a 3×3″ square element to represent the post-it pad to help me with the placement of my elements. I pulled the rose, lace ribbon, ticket, and round metal accent from the kit to create my accent cluster at the bottom. I arranged the elements and added my shadows. (Don’t forget to remove your 3×3″ square before printing!) I then printed the image and slipped it into the acrylic photo frame. Finally, I added the post-it pad to the top of the frame and applied firm pressure to adhere it securely.
I have seen 5″ x 7″ acrylic frames like these that would hold a larger note pad or give you more decorating space.
This note holder makes a quick and easy gift for anyone. You can personalize it with the recipient’s initial or a favorite Bible verse or quote you know s/he loves.
Other Articles by joana1n:
- Make Your Own Paper Tape! - March 25th, 2013
- Thanks a Latte Single-Serve Coffee Gift Box - February 18th, 2013
- Tootsie Box and a 3-D Santa Sticker - December 5th, 2012
- An Unlikely Advent Calendar - November 28th, 2012
- Gift Card Holder! - October 30th, 2012