Happy August, everyone! I can not believe it is August and the kids are heading back to school (if not already there)… however I haven’t given up on Summer… we still have a month to go before the unofficial end of summer the States, Labor Day Weekend. So, it’s time to kick-back with an ice cold drink or invite friends over for those a few cookout before fall is here. And… of course we need to have something quick and easy to wow those guests! I have just the thing… cute cocktail paper decor that slides on an ordinary straw to make even the boring ol’ cranberry juice and transport it to a cocktail worthy of the Caribbean!
Let’s get started… it was so nice out that I decided to do a bit of crafting on the deck.
- Paradise Punch Digital Kit by Elise’s Pieces Designs at The DigiChick
- drinking straw
- 1 inch circle punch
- favorite adhesive
- felt leaf or other embellishments
1. Print out strips of papers that is at least one inch wide and any other cute elements to be used.
2. Cut out elements and punch out 20 circles using the circle punch or die cut machine.
3. Fold each circle in half, color sides together.
4. Apply adhesive to the outside of one side of the folded circle.
5. Place a second folded circle on the adhesive, folded edge are next to each other. Continue gluing all the circles together. Note… this tutorial was called due to rain… 🙂
6. Okay… we are back and you see I now have an audience… Rupert and Katie, my kiddo’s best buds. Once all the circles are glued together, slide the straw in the middle of the paper pom pom. Finally decorate with flowers or a little flamingo (just glued the flamingo on the flower and glued the flower on one of the paper folds in the pom pom). I also added a felt leave on the base of the pom pom, which worked really well to give it a bit of traction if your glasses are a bit tall for the straw.
7. Then the only thing is to sit back and enjoy! Here is my hunky hubby modeling for me… Is it me or does his body language giving off that he isn’t totally excited to be my model? LOL!
This was such a quick and fun project…and pretty easy if you would like to get the kiddos involved. I hope you give it a try and link us back up so I can ooohhh and ahhh over your project !
Rebecca aka MamaBee
Other Articles by Rebecca (MamaBee):
- Thankful Turkey - November 7th, 2011
- Pumpkin Sucker Toppers - October 22nd, 2011
- On the Go Coloring Book - September 12th, 2011
- Party Blowers! - August 8th, 2011
- Celebrate the Liberty with Paper Binoculars! - July 1st, 2011