These votive covers are easy and quick to make! These are great touches for a special occasion. Two different styles feature the soon to be released “Where the Heart Is” by Jennifer Labre Designs, available at The Digichick.
(For maximum safety, best to use these with flameless, battery operated votive candles.)
- Digital Scrapping Kit of your choice – I used “Where the Heart Is” by Jennifer Labre Designs, available 7 July 2010 at the Digichick.
- Vellum Paper – I used Vellum Cardstock from Stampin’ Up!
- Paper/cardstock for printing on – I used Red River Polar Matte Cardstock
- Digital Photo Editing Software – I used Photoshop
- Adhesive and cutting tools of your choice
- Optional – Border punches – I used Pinking Hearts Border punch and Scallop Trim Border punch by Stampin’ Up!
1) Select and print papers and elements of your choice. I printed the decorative papers onto the cardstock, along with the flower element. I printed another element directly onto the vellum cardstock, first decreasing the opacity of the image in Photoshop and then printing in draft mode on my printer. (I didn’t want the image to be too bold on the vellum).
2) I used the Pinking Hearts Border punch along the top edge of the vellum, and added a strip of one of the papers to the bottom edge of the vellum. I left about 1/4″ of the vellum exposed so that the seam wouldn’t be too bulky…
For the “boat” type votive cover, I selected two different patterned papers. I cut two pieces of one paper to 5.5″ x 2″, and two pieces of another paper to 5.5″ x 1″, which I edged with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. I used vellum that was 5.5″ x 3″ (approximate height, you can choose whatever size you prefer) and used the border punch again. I adhered all the pieces together:
I then took one of the sides and added adhesive to the two vertical edges of the cardstock, stopping before where the vellum shows above it.
Other Articles by Linda (yamstamps):
- Personalized Travel Mug - June 14th, 2010
- Travel Challenge - with a Give Away! - May 23rd, 2010
- Quick Hybrid Album - May 10th, 2010
- Quick and Easy Pinwheel! - April 12th, 2010
- Wedding Week Kick Off! - March 1st, 2010