There are times you are working on a project and you know it needs something, but you are stuck on what is it. When I am in that position most of the time I solve the issue with one technique and that is embossing.
I liked embossing when you did it using a light table and a brass template. I first started using a window or a glass table, because I didn’t have a light table, that is how much I liked embossing.
Through the years more and more tools have appear to make embossing easier and I most likely have them all, but I am not going to talk about them all. I will talk about my favorite embossing tool which is my diecut machine. I use a BIG SHOT by Sizzix (also known as BIG KICK) but the same outcome can be achieved in a Cuttlebug machine by Provocraft. These machines make embossing a card an action of just seconds instead of minutes.
Embossing adds texture that can be subtle or GRAND. In my sample I wanted something with weight and pizzaz!
- Celebrate! (brite)July Guest: Chelle’s Creations
- Rectangular Envelopes Set 1 – The Cutting Files
- Doilies Shapes Set 1 – The Cutting Files
- Embossing Folder – Cuttlebug
- Big Brad – American Crafts
- Big Shot – Sizzix
I embossed AND sanded the emboss areas to make the white from my paper come through. This specific embossing folder I am using also saves me from having to add an outside sentiment. How clever, huh?
Other Articles by Dalis:
- Bow Tutorial - May 31st, 2011
- Gone to the dogs! - March 30th, 2011
- Reward yourself during your diet - February 11th, 2011
- Happy Three Kings Day Goodies - January 8th, 2011
- Last Minute Stocking Stuffers - December 24th, 2010