Now most of us digi scrappers have taken a traditional paper layout and lifted it into a digital layout. We see those kind of challenges around all the time.
Let’s turn that around and try the reverse – just for fun!
This week The Hybrid Chick Challenge is to take a digi layout and turn it into a paper layout. Easy peasy right?
You can use one of your own previous layouts – or chose one from the awesome gallery at the Digi chick and lift one you really like or have admired there.
A couple of tips for starting out.
- Choose something that is fairly simple if it is the first time you have paper scrapped.
- Look at the elements on the page or in the kit you are using and see if they will be easy enough to cut out. Intricate cuts can take time and may just make you chuck it – ask me how I know that?
- Keep borders and other fine paper elements to minimum of quarter inch – makes it far easier to stick them down.
- Feel free to write your own journaling instead of printing it out.
- Feel free to print your journaling instead of writing it.
- Enjoy the process
- Go here to my previous post if you need help getting started or for ideas on how to go through the whole process from digital kit to paper layout.
Now for some eye candy and inspiration. You can click on the main digi images to see them in the gallery.
Here is my original digi layout.
Here is my digi to paper layout.
And a close up.
Here is one by Judet
Great detailing on the layers.
This one from scrapperjade is the digital original,
This is her paper version. Look at how she has picked out some awesome fabric and wool flowers to match.
This last digital layout is from Jomi.
You can see her digital to paper layout below is inspired by her original but gorgeous in it’s own right and rather than copying exactly she has made a totally new layout. Very cool!
Look at that dimension.
Ok – so enough eye candy. I hope that has given you some ideas to start.
Our challenge this two weeks is sponsored by Mari Koegelenberg from The Cutting Files. Mari makes the cutest hybrid items and is now making it so much easier for the rest of us with her wonderful files. No cutter, no worries – they come in png too!
Have a look at these cute little doilies…imagine the possibilities with these on a paper page.
Mari is giving away a $5 gift certificate to one random player in our Digital to Paper Layout Challenge. Isn’t that cool!
How to play.
Create a paper layout using a digital layout for inspiration. You can print your digital papers or if you are a paper scrapper then feel free to join us with your traditional supplies. Or why not mix it up – that is all the fun of hybrid!
You have two weeks from today. You must leave us a comment on this post on the Hybrid Chick blog linking us up to your original digital inspiration and your new paper layout. You are welcome to put them in The Digi Chick Gallery.
Spread the word and Have fun!
Other Articles by Shabby Shaz:
- Australia Day Celebrations: Cupcake Toppers - January 19th, 2011
- Digital to Hybrid Layout - June 28th, 2010
- Hybrid Key Holder - May 14th, 2010
- Wedding Gift Frame - March 5th, 2010
- Love Notes - February 14th, 2010