I had an enjoyable time putting together these personalized wooden blocks for my eight-month old nephew Archer. His Daddy is really into hunting and little Archer has quite a few outfits that are in camo patterns and colors – a hunter in the making!
Supplies I used:
- A Guy’s Life Designer Kit by Elise’s Pieces
- Wooden Blocks – these measured 2 inches by 2 inches (purchased online through Casey’s Wood Products)
- Mod Podge
- Paint Brush
- Paper Trimmer
- Gloss Sealer by Plaid Decorator Glazes
I first created the 2 inch by 2 inch squares in my photo editing software and then printed them off on card stock. Then I was ready to go to work!
I cut each square out and then adhered them to the wooden blocks with Mod Podge. I let them dry for about 15 minutes.
Then, I went outside with the Plaid Decorator Glazes’ Thick Gloss Sealer and sprayed them with a very thin coat. I applied this so the Mod Podge wouldn’t smear the ink on the cardstock. I let them dry for about 1 hour.
The next step was to add a coat of Mod Podge and let dry.
Ta-da! The finished product – of which, Archer can have displayed in his bedroom:
The beauty of this project is that you can embellish and personalize it however you’d like! I could see making a set of blocks with the ABC’s on it for a child’s birthday or even making a set with a holiday message on it to set on your mantle. The possibilities are endless!
I hope you enjoyed seeing how I made these personalized blocks. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Other Articles by tettletop20:
- Simple Mason Jar Wrap - December 10th, 2010
- Paper Pinecone Ornament - November 15th, 2010
- Vial Treat Holder - October 11th, 2010
- Decorative Stone Magnets - September 8th, 2010
- Paper Umbrellas - August 4th, 2010