Hi all! I have a little birthday project to share with you today. I made a little circle card and candy dispenser using EloDesigns’ beautiful Birthday Bash kit and Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs’ Candy Dispenser Template Set.
- Cardstock: Neenah Classic Solar White
- Digital kit: Birthday Bash by EloDesigns
- Template: Candy Dispenser Template Set by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs
- Stamp: Hero Arts (sentiment)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large, Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circles Large
- Die cutting machine: Cuttlebug
- Adhesives: 3M, Recollections, Glossy Accents
I love the beautiful scenery patterned papers in the Birthday Bash kit, so I decided to build a little scene with some elements from the kit.
I first placed the tower and the rocks on my background before I printed them out. I then printed out one extra set of the tower and the rocks, cut them out then pop doted them over the original images. This way I didn’t have to worry about cutting out the delicate parts like the swirly thing-y that extended out from the roof of the tower and the grass around the rocks. I then cut out the banners then attached them using pop dots. The circle part of the card is then pop doted over the scalloped card base, also printed from one of the patterned papers from the Birthday Bash kit.
I used another pretty paper from the kit and Kelleigh’s template to make my candy dispenser. I printed out the banners again to decorate the front of the dispenser. I used my finger nails to curl up the ends of the banners a little to add a little more dimension. I didn’t have any candy on hand when I was taking this photo, so I put some Fimo marbles that I made in it, just in case you are curious. =)
Hope this will inspire you to make a circle card or a shaped card using your digital kits.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by! =)
Other Articles by AliceW.:
- Top Heavy box and card - May 19th, 2010
- a shaped card + a basket - April 14th, 2010
- Sweet Strawberries - March 19th, 2010
- Gable Box and Card - February 24th, 2010
- Pillow Box and Card - January 27th, 2010