Time for another Hybrid Chick Challenge… this one is all about traveling.
Create ANYTHING hybrid that pertains to travel – a travel journal, a suitcase tag, a hybrid scrap page about a location that you’ve visited – you get the idea. Here’s my project – adding details to Kelleigh Ratzlaff’s 4×6 Print Box to create a mini suitcase for those travel photos!
- 4×6 Print Box template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
- Digital papers and images of your choice – I used Kellie Mize’s Iced Latte kit and Quirky Twerp’s Wanderlust Scrap Pack.
- Digital imaging program – I used Photoshop
- Paper for your print out – I used Red River Paper’s River Linen cardstock – has a fine texture on one side.
- Black cardstock
- Circle punch – I used 1-1/4″ circle punch from Stampin’ Up!
- Cutting & scoring tools and adhesive of choice
- Brads and additional elements to embellish your finished project as desired
1) In photoshop, overlay the template with the digital papers of your choice. I reduced the opacity of the lines so they were still visible, but not so dark they were distracting. I printed the template with the paper I chose for the inside of my box.
2) Cut along solid lines, score along dashed lines, just as the template says!
3) Add your adhesive and get ready to assemble the box (yes, it’s that fast)
4) I punched 4 1-1/4″ circles from black cardstock, then cut a quarter away from each circle
5) Adhere these to each corner, folding around the edges. I simply matched my cut edges to the edges of the box.
6) Add a handle and you’re done!! I used a strip of black cardstock with gold brads as “fasteners” but used double sided tape to adhere it to the box as I didn’t want the underside of the brads to show.
That’s how easy it is. (Honestly, it took me longer to take & edit the photos of the project than to create the project!). A great “holding box” for those vacation photos that are waiting to be included on your scrapbook page, or given to family and friends.
Now it’s your turn!! Simply create a travel-themed project and post it to the Digichick Hybrid gallery, then add your name and link in the comments on this post – one lucky person will receive a chipboard luggage tag album (hence the travel challenge!). Be sure to come back and leave your comment before midnight Sunday, June 30th (EST) for your chance to win!
Other Articles by Linda (yamstamps):
- Votive Covers - July 5th, 2010
- Personalized Travel Mug - June 14th, 2010
- Quick Hybrid Album - May 10th, 2010
- Quick and Easy Pinwheel! - April 12th, 2010
- Wedding Week Kick Off! - March 1st, 2010