If you know me, you know I like to make homemade gifts – especially those I can use my digital supplies on.
Today I am going to show you how to take a pendant from your local craft store and turn it into a piece of jewelry your Mom will love (or you may like it so much you will want to keep it for yourself)!
- Digital papers/embellishments – I used a kit from Jennifer Labre coming out this Thursday, May 6th at The Digichick.
- Scissors/Paper Cutter
- Diamond Glaze Adhesive
- 1 inch by 1 inch pendant and chain
- Toothpick or pin
First, I came up with the design I wanted on the pendant using my photo-editing software. I chose a light purple background, a darker purple for the edge, and a flower all from Jennifer’s kit and then printed it off on to cardstock. I then cut it out and placed it into the pendant.
Then I took the Diamond Glaze Adhesive and applied that to the area inside the pendant and over the paper.
Bubbles formed so I just took a toothpick and popped them. Some were a little pesky so I took both the toothpick and a pin and popped them.
Then it was time for the glaze to dry. When it was finally set, I put it on to the chain I picked out and voila – a beautiful necklace for Mom!
I hope you enjoyed seeing how I made the pendant for my Mom. I can definitely see making more in the future – it was a very easy and an enjoyable process, especially knowing I can make them with my digital supplies!
Happy scrapping and crafting!
Other Articles by tettletop20:
- Simple Mason Jar Wrap - December 10th, 2010
- Paper Pinecone Ornament - November 15th, 2010
- Vial Treat Holder - October 11th, 2010
- Decorative Stone Magnets - September 8th, 2010
- Paper Umbrellas - August 4th, 2010