Graduation is almost here. My niece Samantha is graduating! I took her senior portraits for her. She is so beautiful. I thought it would be a great gift to make her a mini album with her special photos. Let’s get started.
You will need:
- Your photo editing program
- A printer and some photo paper
- A digi kit; I used the beautiful, inspiring kit called Sky’s the Limit by Skittles and Scraps and MKC Creations
- Some Mini Album Templates will make this project was easier, I used Hybrid Album Shapes by Mrs. Wresh Designs
- Craft Supplies
- A Mini Tag Album or Chipboard to cut your own
- Scissors, Glue Stick, Ribbons, a Binder Ring, Distress Ink, Sanding Block
- Some thing to make a hole like a Crop-a Dile or a nail
You first step is to design your Mini Album pages in Photo Shop. The Hybrid Album Shapes Templates make this so easy! Just clip your papers and pictures to the shape with a clipping mask and embellish as you please with your digital elements.
Drag you flattened pages onto an 8.5×11 file and print. Here is my first set of prints…
You will see why I say “first set of prints” next, and remember this tip!
You are designing a book, which means you pages will go back to back…so, you can really have all your pages going the same way. This was my little learning process. I had to go back into PSE and redesign 3 of my pages by rotating the template to go the opposite way. 🙂 Here is my second set of prints. Now we’re cooking!
So of course we have to cut them out, let them set for a bit before you cut them out, so the ink can settle.
I am using a piece of chipboard, I didn’t have a nifty Mini Album in my stash so I made my own. Just trace around your page onto the chipboard and cut.
If you have a Mini Album of course you get to skip this step!
Next we will ink the edges of all the chipboard pages, front and back, like this. I sanded them a little too.
When the ink is dry attach your photo pages to your chipboard pages. I used an extra strong glue stick for this step.
Now just punch your holes. I like to punch my first hole then line up the other pages and make a mark in the middle of the whole. That way all my holes line up. Add you ring and some ribbons and your done!
Here are my album pages.
Now…you know you want to make one of these don’t you! You have a chance to win a Maya mini tag album like this one…
What a great prize! Making a mini album like mine will be so simple with this prize!
Here is what you have to do to have a chance to win the prize. Go through the Hybrid Gallery at The Digichick. Find a Hybrid project that inspires you. Do the project. Post your project in the gallery and post a link here in the comments. Sounds fun, huh?!
Be sure to submit your comment here before midnight (EST) next Saturday, May 29th! One lucky winner will be randomly chosen and we’ll send you a note to let you know you’ve won!
So, let’s see some Hybrid goodness from you Hybrid Chick Fans!
I can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Other Articles by juliemomof4:
- Hybrid Wall Canvas - July 27th, 2010
- Make a Bouquet of Flowers for Mom - April 27th, 2010
- Easter Eggs Decor - March 22nd, 2010
- Recycle Challenge! - March 6th, 2010
- Make your own Valentines Day Decoration - February 10th, 2010