I can never have too many projects to keep little (and big) hands busy during the long summer months. This project is easy to do, inexpensive and pretty useful in warning little brothers to stay out of their sister’s room.
- Wooden door hanger
- Sticky Back Dry Erase paper by Darice
- Card stock-Stampin up Elegant Eggplant
- Digital Paper – Survivor by Madame Wing
- Red River Paper-68lb Ultrapro Satin
- Spellbinder Circle and Circle Scallop Dies
- Ink (SU Elegant Eggplant), dauber, Zip Dry Glue, ribbon, rhinestones, flowers
Both the dry erase paper and wood door hanger were purchased at a local craft store.
The wood was used as a template to cut a piece of card stock which was then adhered using Zip Dry Glue.
The digital paper was printed on 8.5X11 inch Red River Paper. On the back, the wood was again used as a template. However, I wanted a bit of the solid colored card stock to peek out around the edges so a clear ruler was used to make cutting lines 1/8th of an inch inside the original lines. This was then cut out along those inner lines in a rectangle. The hole remained the same size as the original.
A corner punch was used to round the edges.
The edges of the printed paper (isn’t it pretty!) were daubed with ink and the piece was adhered to the wooden hanger.
This is the dry erase paper, it is very thin and the back peels off so it can be easily attached to the project.
I made the rectangle about 3X5 inches but you can adjust it depending on how big an area you would like on the hanger.
A little embellishment was added with a scallop trim, photo corners…
A little bling, ribbon and a flower.
The dry erase paper came with a marker but it was pretty big so I need to get a thinner one which will be tied on to a ribbon and attached to the hanger through the hole.
Since warnings go both ways, I will be making a robot themed door hanger with my son this summer!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Other Articles by jknath:
- Christmas Pillow Box - December 16th, 2013
- PUMPKIN BOX - November 20th, 2013
- Halloween Matchbox Pop-up - October 17th, 2013
- Mustache Gift Bag - September 4th, 2013
- BANNER SHADOW BOX - August 21st, 2013