Today I’ll be showing you just how I made this cute gift box that’s just perfect for anyone who loves to read!
- 4×6 Prints box by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs (The Digichick)
- Sweet Memories kit by Nicole and Dani (The Digichick)
- Small composition notebook (Staples)
- Ink and sponge
- Polar Matte Double sided paper (Red River Paper)
- PSE 6
- Detail scissors
- Scalloped circle punch
- Stamps and ink ( Take Note from Papertrey Ink)
- Foam tape
To start off my project I opened the print box and the digital paper I wanted to use in Photoshop Elements. I clipped the paper to the box and printed it off.
I put my paper back into the printer to print on the back side, as that would be the interior of the box. The Polar Matte Double Sided paper is so great for that, and it’s a good weight for projects too!
While I was still at the computer, I opened and resized two of the elements from the kit to serve as bookplates. I added the text “This book belongs to” on each element, copied them four times onto my blank document and printed them off. After printing, I cut each out with my scissors and inked the edges to hide any imperfections from cutting. I added a piece of Scor-Tape to the back of each bookplate… this will add the recipient’s name permanently to her favorite books. I also cut, scored and assembled my box at this time.
My next step was to put together the mini notebook. I used some more digital papers from the same kit that I had printed to cover the front and back of the notebook. I was able to adhered it very securely using Scor-Tape and I then I went back around to cut closely to the sides.
At this point I also inked the edges of the paper on the notebook. To add the last touch, I stamped and cut out a scalloped circle to title the notebook.
I think this is a fun gift for any mom who likes to read and who may loan books out. Using the bookplates, she can ensure that the books will get returned! I put the notebook and bookplates into the box, and a gift card to a favorite book store could easily be added or a bookmark.
Don’t forget to tie a pretty bow around the box to show your mom how much you care!
Other Articles by melissaj17:
- Card Caravan: Color Challenge - April 14th, 2013
- Card Caravan Challenge: Hearts - February 4th, 2013
- Card Caravan Challenge #32- Winter Photo-inspired - November 25th, 2012
- Card Caravan #27: Round - September 16th, 2012
- Card Caravan 22: Christmas in July - July 8th, 2012