I don’t know anyone who couldn’t use a little help being organized especially a busy, hardworking teacher.
- Digi Paper – Little Boy Bluebird, HeatherT & JM Designs, 120 lb cardstock
- Ink and dauber-Stampin Up, Not Quite Navy
- Etc.,- Glue, Post it notes – 2X2 inches, paper clips, pen, button, cord
It can sometimes be more challenging to make a gift for a male teacher so masculine papers were chosen for this sample. Kelleigh has a great tutorial on how to use templates HERE which will show you how to place your digi paper onto the template to print.
Print out the template on cardstock (you want to make sure it is a nice sturdy weight) and cut out the shape.
Follow the instructions included in the template and assemble the box.
A little navy ink was sponged along the edges to add a bit of depth.
To make the pen holder, a 3×2-3/8 inch rectangle was cut out of the same paper used for the box. Make sure that the edges of the design will match up evenly with the design on the box.
Score the rectangle at 1/2, 1, 1-1/2, and 2 inches parallel to the 3 inch side. Score at 1/2 inch parallel to the 2-3/8 inch side. Cut as shown.
I keep a supply of small clothespins to hold edges together while glue dries.
Other Articles by jknath:
- Christmas Pillow Box - December 16th, 2013
- PUMPKIN BOX - November 20th, 2013
- Halloween Matchbox Pop-up - October 17th, 2013
- Mustache Gift Bag - September 4th, 2013
- BANNER SHADOW BOX - August 21st, 2013