Welcome to wedding week! I’m starting it off with a matchbox favour…but not like the matchbox favours of our parents’ day…this matchbox contains a sweet treat!
roduct.php?productid=20527″>Matchbox Template Set by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs
Digital Paper & Elements – I used Kitschy Mix Mini by Wendy Page Designs, new at the Digichick today! Choose a digi kit that coordinates with your wedding colours or theme.
Font of your choice – I used KD Everyday Font by Karla Dudley Designs
Printer, Ink & Paper – I used the lovely Polar Matte Double Sided 60 lb paper from Red River Paper
White self adhesive address labels – Avery 5160 or similar size (1″ x 2-5/8″), OPTIONAL: Microsoft Word & Avery Wizard
Photo Editing Software – I used Photoshop (Kelleigh’s templates also work with Photoshop Elements, Paintshop Pro and Adobe Reader)
Cutting & scoring tools, and adhesive of your choice
Hershey Nuggets or similar sized chocolates
1) I clipped the papers of choice to the Photoshop template, and added the frame & text (which reads Thank you for helping us celebrate today, Alison & Wes, 1 April 2010). (See Kelleigh’s post here for a how-to on using templates). I managed to fit two of the Matchbox 2 templates onto one 8.5″ x 11″ paper – being thrifty!! Since the Red River Paper is double sided (i.e. prints well on both sides of the sheet), I also printed the blue paper on the other side so I wouldn’t have a “naked” inside of the box!
2) I then printed the striped paper onto my sheet of Avery labels. I used the Avery Wizard program with Microsoft Word and printed the names of the bride and groom and the date onto some of the labels.
3) Cut out and assemble the matchbox. It’s pretty easy to figure out how to assemble this one – score on the dotted lines, cut on the sold lines.
4) But WAIT! This is the fun part…I mean, besides the eating of the chocolate… Take your Hershey’s Nugget (or equivalent sized chocolate of choice…)
5) Now take one of your labels and dress up the nugget!
This size label fits perfectly around the nugget…
6) The smaller of the matchbox templates can fit 2 layers of 4 nuggets.
A “sweet” way to thank your guests for sharing your special day, and easily created en masse.
Other Articles by Linda (yamstamps):
- Votive Covers - July 5th, 2010
- Personalized Travel Mug - June 14th, 2010
- Travel Challenge - with a Give Away! - May 23rd, 2010
- Quick Hybrid Album - May 10th, 2010
- Quick and Easy Pinwheel! - April 12th, 2010