I recently formed a book club with a group of friends. I was elected to select the first book and I thought a bookmark would make a nice gift to give each of them. When I sat down to design the bookmark, I knew I wanted to give the bookmark a vintage look ~ buttons, flowers, ribbon, pearls, etc. The problem is that all those items are bulky and not very practical to put in book. A problem, unless you go digital! In this tutorial I will show you how to create a vintage look minus all the bulk ~ ready to get started? Great, here we go.
- Read All Over Mini Kit by Elise’s Pieces Designs
- Sentiment ~ I used a Gina K. Designs sentiment from the Hand-in-hand set designed by Melanie Muenchinger
- Epson Premium Presentation Paper
- Gingham Ribbon
- Gems: Pearls, teardrop beads, round beads
- Hole Punch
- We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper Tool
Step 1: Open a new document in Photoshop. I like to start with 300 dpi and 8-1/2″ x 11″ since that is the size of the paper I will be printing my project on.
Step 2: Place the bookmark from the Read All Over Mini Kit by Elise’s Pieces Designs onto your document.
Step 3: Add newspaper print paper (paper7) to the bottom half of the bookmark.
Step 4: Place lace border just above the newspaper print section.
Step 5: Add Flower1 image to the middle of the bookmark towards the left.
Step 6: Select all your layers and make a copy so that you end up with two bookmarks.
Step 7: I flattened the layers and then with the clone tool I was able to erase the digital ribbons. I did this because I will be adding some physical ribbon instead.
Step 8:Print your document; cut out the bookmarks; use the Corner Chomper on each corner; and punch a hole towards the top (in the middle) of your bookmark.
Step 9: Stamp the sentiment of your choice below the hole you just punched. Thread some gingham ribbon with some gems threaded through each tail and you are done! Your bookmark should like this.
A quick and easy bookmark that I’m sure my friends will keep for a long time to come! Hope you’ll give it a try and don’t forget to link back here so I can check out your version!
Other Articles by Carolina:
- A Carrot Treat - March 7th, 2011
- The Perfect Embellishment - Paper Roses - January 3rd, 2011
- Great Things Come In Small Packages - December 29th, 2010
- Deck The Halls With Some Digital Cheer! - December 6th, 2010
- Hostess Thank You Gift - October 30th, 2010