Apparently LuAnn and I have been thinking of the same thing. We usually visit the in-laws during Easter day, and I usually bring them a cute Easter card, but how about a mix and match the easy and cute treat bag holder that LuAnn made AND this cute card.
- Sweet Retweet – by Melissa Wilson
- Ribbon, cardstock, corner punch, embossing folders, gesso, stamps
- Cricut machine
I used Melissa’s Sweet Retweet cutting file to create this adorable tree. It is a two piece cut, the brown cut was made in brown cardstock. Since this bottom cut covers not only the trunk but the leafy part of the tree I can use lighter weight paper for the branch part of the tree and still have a good strong tree.
Texture is all the rave right now, so I embossed the tree branches into the green pattern paper and then sanded the raised image. I added gesso to the purple cardstock to tame down the deep color of it, it also kind of reminds me of a really windy Easter day.
I stamped the greetings and used the letter “o” in the alphabet to stamp the Easter eggs. Remember keep it simple and have fun.
Here is another look at the texture in the branches of the tree.
Other Articles by Dalis:
- Bow Tutorial - May 31st, 2011
- Gone to the dogs! - March 30th, 2011
- Reward yourself during your diet - February 11th, 2011
- Happy Three Kings Day Goodies - January 8th, 2011
- Last Minute Stocking Stuffers - December 24th, 2010