Can you believe it is that time of year again? I am in such a Holiday Crafting mood and with this fun Advent Calendar we are sure to have a Crafty Christmas.
The template is so easy to use and so versatile, since it’s release I have seen so many gorgeous variations. You can also use it to make a Christmas Layout if you wish.
If you are unsure what an advent calendar is and even want an idea of activities to include, I suggest you make a visit to the Digichick forum HERE. there are some amazing examples and ideas.
So let us get our tools together…
- Advent Calendar Template – this template is no longer available in the shop however please check out Advent Calendar Templates and Cutting Files by Paper Garden Projects
- Joy by Karla Dudley
- Epson Premium Matte Photo Paper
- Craft Knife
- Metal Ruler
- Score Tool/Bone Folder
- Double Sided Tape
- 12×12 Coordinating Cardstock
Assemble your template in your photo editing program. I chose to use it in landscape format, just remember to switch back to portrait when done to ensure your template prints correctly. I wanted to matte my calendar on a 12×12 piece of Cardstock so I also added an additional title on the top. Print it out and start assembling.
The top template has cut and score marks to create little windows. Use a sharp craft knife to cut the little windows using the guides.
I must warn you it is very difficult to cut these lines precisely so be careful and keep that in mind as well when designing your template in your photo editing program.
Use your score tool to make the folds of the little windows.
Carefully place the top template over the bottom template so they align. Glue with some double sided tape. Position onto your 12×12 Cardstock and add the title. Embellish as desired.
There you go it is as easy as that! To create an even more display from your project, place it in a frame or in a frame holder and use embellishments and ribbons to add a little something extra. I hope you enjoyed this template and I wish you a very Merry and Happy Holiday Season!
Other Articles by Mari Koegelenberg:
- Envelope Travel Album - June 23rd, 2011
- The Doilie Project goes Hybrid! - July 12th, 2010
- Cupcake Boxes and your Die-Cutting Machine - April 15th, 2010
- Trick or Treat!!! - October 30th, 2009
- Halloween Banner - October 28th, 2009