One of my friend’s is baptising her new daughter next weekend, so I thought I’d use this opportunity to make her baby a little gift. Not sure what you’d call it, but it’s her daughter’s name, Isabella, and it can stand on a shelf somewhere in her bedroom.
So let’s see how I put this beautiful little hybrid gift altogether!
* TINY PRINCESS digital kit from Sugarplum Paperie, available at The Digi Chick
* Crystal Effects from Stampin’ Up
* Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Tattered Rose
* Sponge to apply ink
* 3D foam tape
* Pritt Gluestick
* Crop A Dile from We R Memory Keepers
* Jump rings
* Making Memories Jigsaw Chipboard Alphas
* Cream cardstock
* Kaisercraft DUSTY PINK acrylic paint
* Making Memories MANILA acrylic paint
* Craft knife
* Cutting mat
* Jump rings
First off, I grabbed out the letters that spelled ISABELLA from my Making Memories chipboard alphas. I love the Jigsaw font as it’s nice and fat, easy to cut out and you can easily embellish them too.
I grabbed my paints out and very roughly painted over them leaving lots of raw chipboard showing through. On some areas, I painted the two colours over each other as I wanted to get a nice shabby and worn effect.
Next up, I worked out the size of my digital elements from the beautiful TINY PRINCESS kit from Sugarplum Paperie, and printed them off. I decided to use three different papers to cover my alphabets with and I cut each piece to 3×2.5 inches to fit each one.
To add to the distressed and shabby look, I used sandpaper to wear down the edges.
I then used my glue stick to adhere them to the front of each alphabet.
I then flipped the alphabet over and used my craft knife to cut out the negative part where the alphabet would go.
To give the alphabets more stability, I decided to adhere a piece of cream coloured cardstock to the back of the alphabets and I also inked up the edges of the area where my alphabet would be placed back into.
I took the alphabet piece and gave it a rough sand around the edges and glued it into my embellished background piece, allowing the cream cardstock to show through the areas in the middle of my alphabets.
And to add some more pizazz to each alphabet, I cut out, inked and adhered my embellishments randomly. I used Stampin’ Up’s Crystal Effects in the centre of my flowers and on the buttons to give a nice and glossy shine – it might be a little hard to see the shine from the photos.
Now for the final touch to hold this altogether, I have used the smaller hole on my Crop A Dile – I punched two in each side of the alphabets – and joined them together with some gold jump rings, and voila! The finished project
Other Articles by skyezak:
- Stamps + Digital = So Much Versatility! - October 4th, 2009
- Recording memories of your little ones - August 19th, 2009
- Time to start those Christmas cards! - July 22nd, 2009
- Win a gift card to Sugarplum Paperie's store! - June 25th, 2009
- Baby's treasure/keepsake tin - June 19th, 2009