Hi! Julie here! I have another fun and simple project for you, a Decorated candle jar. We all have those jar candles. Mine are from Wal Mart! But this would be great with any type of jar candle, like Yankee, or whatever!
Here is what you will need…
- A jar candle
- Photo Editing software (like Adobe Photoshop)
- Printer and matte photo paper (like Epson Premium Matte Photo Paper) or card stock
- A digi kit, I used Where Your Heart is by Jan Hosford Designs at The Digi Chick!
- Scissors, Edge distressing ink, Mod Podge
- Chipboard, or you can recycle like me and use a cereal box!
First design your candle decoration in Photoshop (mine is 11″ long to wrap around the jar) plus it fits on an 8.5×11 piece of paper, so that way I could print it myself. Print it out.
Get out the Mod Podge, I water mine down a little, just to make it flow smooth. Paint it on the back side of the houses and stick it to the chipboard (or cereal box) and smooth it down, getting rid of any bubbles. Paint the front side of the bottom part and the houses.
When the Mod Podge is dry cut out your houses. Sand and ink the edges if you would like. Then glue the houses to the background real good. You have to wait for it to dry again, before you can wrap it around your candle.
This is what the back looks like, not too pretty, but you can paint it with craft paint if you choose…I was impatient, so I didn’t. LOL.
Here is the front….
Then when it’s all nice and dry, wrap it around your candle jar, just kinda bend the cardboard around the candle and tape it in the back!
Here it is…
Other Articles by juliemomof4:
- Hybrid Wall Canvas - July 27th, 2010
- Mini Tag Album... and Give-away! - May 22nd, 2010
- Make a Bouquet of Flowers for Mom - April 27th, 2010
- Easter Eggs Decor - March 22nd, 2010
- Recycle Challenge! - March 6th, 2010