My friend is about to have her 3rd baby any day now! Her baby shower was last weekend and I made her some fun little personalized onesies and packaged them up in matching boxes! So fun to make and simple too! They were the hit of the shower!
All you need for this project is…
- Photo editing program, I use PSE6
- Iron on transfer printer paper and an Iron
- Matte photo paper
- Digi Kit, I used Punky Girl by, Pri Rocha and Tutti Frutti by Sugarplum Paperie both at TDC
Box template, I used The Top Heavy Box Template and the 4×6 print box Template both by Kelleigh Ratzlaff at TDC too!
- Some edge distressing ink, glue, scissors, ribbon
That’s about it!
So, let’s get started. First of course you design your shirt iron-ons in Photoshop. Just open up your digi kit and go crazy! Make is say something like “Cute” or “Sweet” I also made some with the baby’s name “Summer” You can make them say anything you want! That’s the great thing. Here are a few of mine.:
While you are in Photoshop go ahead and design your box! This is so simple, too. The instructions come with the templates and it’s a snap! I made mine with the same kit as the Onesies so the whole set matches!
So next we need to print everything out! Make sure you print your iron-ons in mirror image! And print our your boxes on your matte photo paper or cardstock.
And now assemble! Make sure you let the iron-ons sit for at least 30 minutes before you iron them on… as the directions say. (I was going to have a cute little matching hat for one of these sets, but it smeared because I didn’t wait long enough! LOL! I guess following directions is a good thing sometimes!
Here are my boxes getting put together. They are easy just cut on solid lines and fold on dotted lines! I like to sand and ink my edges too.
Here are the onesies all done! I made a diaper bag tag too.
Now just wrap it all up in your matching boxes and your gift is ready to give!
Other Articles by juliemomof4:
- Hybrid Wall Canvas - July 27th, 2010
- Mini Tag Album... and Give-away! - May 22nd, 2010
- Make a Bouquet of Flowers for Mom - April 27th, 2010
- Easter Eggs Decor - March 22nd, 2010
- Recycle Challenge! - March 6th, 2010