I have always been a paper scrapper at heart. To date, I’ve only printed out one book of my digital scraps for my son’s baby album. I may love digital scrapping, but I am most certainly a Hybrid Chick! I love to print and play with digital stuff on
my paper layouts that go into my albums. I may never catch up with my paper scraps, but they still make me so happy. I’m a real addict.
So, today I’m here to challenge you to try a little something digital on your next paper layout, like Ronny did her in her beautiful two-page spread, Waves of Amazement.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started. You could:
- Print out a journaling piece (something like Mari’s Remarks Vol. 4 or Charla’s Journal by Kelley).
- Print out an embellishment (something like these adorable sea life stickers from Dawn or Pam’s paper hearts).
- Print out some paper strips (check out SarahJ’s shop for some really fun patterned papers or maybe something soft and sweet from Sugarplum Paperie).
- Print your self a sheet of easy to trim alphas (something like this set of Black & White blocks from Tamara or this rounded stamp-y one from Mira Designs).
Really all you need is a great pair of little scissors and an idea of what you could possibly try to print and snip. I just adore my Cutterbee scissors. They have a sharp tip which is good for tight spots (like cutting out little flowers and other small things). I know most rubber stampers also swear by them!
Take this layout here for example, made by one of my creative team members, Julie (you can click on the image to see a larger version of her layout).
She took the Chilled Wine kit by Studio mgl and Sugarplum Paperie and printed out some leaf shapes on a transparency sheet. This looks so gorgeous on her layout!
She actually made a video of her nifty cool technique and you can see it here on my blog: Clipping Mask Video. Hope you find that inspiring!
You can also check out this article by Jill here on the Hybrid Chick blog for even more inspiration: Hybrid 12 x 12 page. Jill will walk you through the steps that she took to make a 12 x 12 page out of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of printed paper!
Now for your challenge! Here are the rules to play by:
- Pick at least three digital things to print and add to a paper layout (something like a flower, a journaling piece and a strip of paper—whatever you dream up that suits your layout!)
- At least one of these items should be something from the Digichick Boutique (and don’t forget that we also have a Freebies section, too!)
- Submit your entry here by leaving us a link to your layout. You can upload to our Hybrid Gallery at the Digichick, too!
- The deadline for getting your link in is: next Saturday, May 9th by midnight EST. That should give you plenty of time to play!
- And what’s the prize? This is the BEST news of all: Jessica Sprague is giving away the entire Season 1 of her Scrapbook Alchemy classes (a total of 10 episodes) to one lucky winner!
You know you want to win that! So come along and play with us! You’ll be so happy you tried it.
Also, don’t forget to hop on over to the Happy Little Chickadees Forum at the Digichick for more awesome giveaways by the Digichick Designers in honor of National Scrapbooking Day!
And keep checking back here at The Hybrid Chick, too because we still have MORE exciting giveaways and challenges for you all weekend long! Yippee!
Happy scrapping to you!
Other Articles by Nicole Seitler:
- Spotlight on: BasicGrey - February 26th, 2011
- For the Love of Hybrid! - February 24th, 2011
- Spotlight on: Jennifer Fox Designs - November 20th, 2010
- Make your own Autumn Centerpiece - November 8th, 2010
- Spotlight on: Dysfunctional Design - September 25th, 2010