Hi Everyone! It’s Kristie here to show you how you can make those cheapie dollar store or hotel sewing kits look oh-so-cute!
- Mini-Envelope by Kelleigh Ratzlaff kit & Lottie Dottie Add-on kit by Pamela Donnis
- scallop, label, and key Stampin’ Up! punches
- double sided sticky tape
- Tombow adhesive
- pop dots
- paper piercer
- white cardstock
- 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of vellum
- sticky velcro circles
- Items to place into kit–1 needle, 2 pins, 2 buttons, 1 safety pin, needle threader, sewing thread & small scissors
I’m going to use the below Mini-Envelope Template from Kelleigh Ratzlaff and the Lottie Dottie Add on freebie kit by Pamela Donnis:
Here’s what my scrapped envelope looks like:
- Print on a piece of cardstock. On mine I chose a different paper that was the same size as the template and printed it on the on the opposite side. Remember, if you want your colors to look brighter to adjust the contrast.
- Cut envelope out and sponged ink around the outside and inside & score lines.
- Grab your 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of vellum and put a small strip of double sided sticky tape along both sides and bottom of the inside of the envelope.
- Cut or punch out shapes for your thread, buttons and pins and needles.
- Apply velcro to inside top flap and outside bottom flap of envelope.
- Place all the sewing goodies inside
Here’s a finished picture of the outside of the envelope:
Other Articles by kcherrie:
- Lunch Sack to Treat Bag - September 25th, 2009
- Christmas Paint Pail - July 29th, 2009
- Creating a Small Gift Box - March 23rd, 2009